hi all,
I am facing one very strange problem. My oracle 9i rel 2 server is
installed on windows xp where its working fine. But when i am installing
client on windows 2000 prof and trying to tnsping the service name, its
giving ORA-12535: TNS Operation timed out. I just don know why its
happening? is it because of xp and 2k prof or sth else. I tried from xp
system also but of no use. all the time i am getting this error. Any idea?
TIa

--
Thanks & Regards,
T. Onkar Nath

  • Radoulov, Dimitre at Oct 13, 2005 at 7:48 am
    Open the OracleNet port(1521?) on the XP machine's firewall.

    Cheers,
    Dimitre

    I am facing one very strange problem. My oracle 9i rel 2 server is installed on windows xp where its working fine. But when i am installing client on windows 2000 prof and trying to tnsping the service name, its giving ORA-12535: TNS Operation timed out. I just don know why its happening? is it because of xp and 2k prof or sth else. I tried from xp system also but of no use. all the time i am getting this error. Any idea?

    TIa

    --
    Thanks & Regards,
    T. Onkar Nath