We are setting up 10g and testing upgrades from our 9i databases.
One of the strange quirks I have noticed is that the default permissions on
the 10g software are a lot tighter than previous versions.

We have several auto-loader type users with very limited OS
privileges, they can no longer execute SQL*Plus and sqlldr, under 10g, but
can still access the 9i executables OK. Has anyone else run into this
problem on the Solaris platform? Looks like only members of dba group can
now access the software, I not going to grant dba just to get access to
sqlplus.

Any pointers, no matter how obvious, appreciated.

for the individual or entity named. If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not
message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
This message is provided for informational purposes and should not
be construed as an invitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or
related financial instruments.
GAM operates in many jurisdictions and is
regulated or licensed in those jurisdictions as required.

Search Discussions

  • David Sharples at Oct 11, 2005 at 10:01 am
    seem some stuff on metalink about this. It is a 'bug'. there were some
    instructions to chmod the directories etc..
    Will try and did out the note