Hi All,

We are getting several performance issues when accessing the data in oracle

it is solaris 9 oracle 9i R2. (64 bit)
2 CPU- 900 MHZ

2 GB RAM (OS RAM)

SGA: 600MB

Enough disk space (however there is only 1 HDD and split into several mount points)

The concerns are: When i try to access the data with a simple select statement :

select col1,col2,col... col5 from table X where col2='12345';
where col2 is indexed.

it is taking less than a second when i try to access 1 row.
However, when i tried to pull the data around a 300-400 rows it is taking 7-8 seconds.

Our java applicatiosn are taking 10 seconds to print the data.

when i set the time on, timing on at sqlplus
it is showing 7-8 seconds to present the data onto screen of sqlplus window.

when i set the pages 0 it is taking 2 -3 seconds to present the data. (no row header)

Is there any way to reduce teh time to present the data in java. the goal expected is
2-3 seconds (i got this when i set the pages 0 at sqlplus)

I am ready to proivde the statistics if any required to anybody who can help me in this.

Thanks in advance,
Raj

Yahoo! for Good

  • Kirtikumar Deshpande at Sep 29, 2005 at 9:56 pm
    Is it possible to trace the session with Event 10046 and check what the trace file
    reports? You may also want to run tkprof to see the summary of wait events.

    Kirti

    raja rao wrote:
[...]

    Yahoo! for Good

    http://mail.yahoo.com

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedSep 29, '05 at 8:26p
activeSep 29, '05 at 9:56p
websiteoracle.com

2 users in discussion

Raja rao: 1 post Kirtikumar Deshpande: 1 post