I'm having problems upgrading a dev database from 10.1 to 10.2 (the first
time I've tried this). After opening a Tar the support tech said I
obviously didn't follow directions since I didn't set SHARED_POOL_SIZE,
LARGE_POOL_SIZE, or JAVA_POOL_SIZE as it said in the documentation. I had
purposely not set them as I had created this database using sga_target
instead.

So do I actually need to go back to the old parameters to do the upgrade and
then go back to sga_target after completing it? Has anyone upgraded 10.1 to
10.2 using sga_target?

This is 64-bit Solaris, Oracle 10.1.0.4 to 10.2.0.1.

Thanks,
Jay Miller
Sr. Oracle DBA
x68355

This message is confidential and sent by TD Waterhouse solely for use
by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any use, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. This should not be deemed as an
offer or solicitation, to buy or sell any product. Any 3rd party
information contained herein was prepared by sources deemed reliable,
but is not guaranteed. TD Waterhouse does not accept electronic
instructions that would require an original signature. Information
received by or sent from TD Waterhouse is stored, subject to review,
and may be produced to regulatory authorities or others with a legal
right to such.

Search Discussions

  • Paul Drake at Sep 12, 2005 at 5:25 pm

    This is 64-bit Solaris, Oracle 10.1.0.4 <http://10.1.0.4> to 10.2.0.1<http://10.2.0.1>
    .

    Thanks,
    Jay Miller
    Sr. Oracle DBA
    x68355

    This message is confidential and sent by TD Waterhouse solely for use
    by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you
    are hereby notified that any use, distribution or copying of this
    communication is strictly prohibited. This should not be deemed as an
    offer or solicitation, to buy or sell any product. Any 3rd party
    information contained herein was prepared by sources deemed reliable,
    but is not guaranteed. TD Waterhouse does not accept electronic
    instructions that would require an original signature. Information
    received by or sent from TD Waterhouse is stored, subject to review,
    and may be produced to regulatory authorities or others with a legal
    right to such.
    http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14238.pdf

    Jay,

    Where are you receiving the error - in executing the pre-upgrade script "
    utlu102i.sql" ?
    (page 3-4 of b14238.pdf - Oracle(r) Database Upgrade Guide 10g Release 2 (10.2)
    B14238-01)

    Using dbma?
    I have used sga_target during application of the 10.1.0.4
    <http://10.1.0.4>patchset on win32 without error.
    I have not yet upgraded any databases from 10.1.0.x to 10.2.0.1<http://10.2.0.1>
    .

    Paul

    Update Parameters: [Update Oracle Database 10.2 init.ora or spfile]

    WARNING: --> "shared_pool_size" needs to be increased to at least 178499994
    WARNING: --> "java_pool_size" needs to be increased to at least 67108864
    WARNING: --> "streams_pool_size" is not currently defined and needs a value

    of at
    least 50331648
    WARNING: --> "session_max_open_files" needs to be increased to at least 20

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedSep 12, '05 at 4:57p
activeSep 12, '05 at 5:25p