Hello.

We have oracle 9i Application server release 1.0221 on Windows 2000.

I would like to install it on a windows 2003 (all latest service packs).
However, the installer just dies with no messages.

I installed it ona win2000 test machine. I then upgraded that machine to
win2003 (no patch sets), and the installer runs on that.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you!
-brian

Search Discussions

  • M Rafiq at Aug 31, 2005 at 12:01 pm
    Run from command line

    setup.exe -J-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true

    Please check through task manager if there is any javaaw process is running.
    If you find any then kill them and run the above command.

    The reason may be "Oracle Universal Installer may not start up properly
    (appear and then disappear) on Windows 2000 with Service pack 4. This is due
    to an underlying JRE bug. You need to run 'install\win32\setup.exe
    -J-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true' to workaround the issue."

    Regards
    Rafiq

    We have oracle 9i Application server release 1.0221 on Windows 2000.

    I would like to install it on a windows 2003 (all latest service packs).
    However, the installer just dies with no messages.

    I installed it ona win2000 test machine. I then upgraded that machine to
    win2003 (no patch sets), and the installer runs on that.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thank you!
    -brian
  • Brian Shanblatt at Sep 1, 2005 at 3:26 pm
    Hi, thanks for your reply.
    Unfortunately that does not work.
    The server on which the install works is windows 2003 with no service packs.
    The service on which the install does NOT work is win 2003 service pack 1.

    I am going to see if the service pack can be backed out, or the OS
    re-installed.

    Does anyone have experience with problems with the installer on win2003
    service pack 1?

    Thank you!

    We have oracle 9i Application server release 1.0221 on Windows 2000.

    I would like to install it on a windows 2003 (all latest service packs).
    However, the installer just dies with no messages.

    I installed it ona win2000 test machine. I then upgraded that machine to
    win2003 (no patch sets), and the installer runs on that.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thank you!
    -brian

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedAug 31, '05 at 11:07a
activeSep 1, '05 at 3:26p
websiteoracle.com

2 users in discussion

Brian Shanblatt: 2 posts M Rafiq: 1 post