Are there any known problems using Antivirus software on a Windows
database server?
Management won't exclude the Oracle database datafiles and log files.

Thanks!
Ron

Search Discussions

  • David Sharples at Aug 29, 2005 at 9:54 am
    yes.

    If the virus software has a control file or a datafile open and then
    oracle tries to write to it.

    Bang! instance shutdown, no more database