I had a problem with finding a problematic SQL for a session connected to a
shared server belonging to a 9.2.0.5 Oracle database. I scp-ed (secure version of
the ancient "rcp" program) all *s00*.trc files to my box with 10.2 database and
trcsess produced one large trace file that I was able to format with 10.2 tkprof.
The big news here is that 10g facilities will work seamlessly with 9i stuff.
Now, I have some developers to kill......

Search Discussions

  • Niall Litchfield at Aug 17, 2005 at 3:31 am
    It will only consolidate on the information that was available in 9i,
    that is SID and SERIAL#, It however also possible to hijack some
    applications so that they will emit the service, module and action in
    the correct format to the current trace file. If you do this you can
    retrofit the n-tier tracing functionality of 10g to earlier releases.

    I'm presenting on this at UKOUG in December - but I'm sure that it
    isn't beyond the wit of this group to work out appropriate mechanisms
    for doing this.

    As far as killing developers goes, don't random executions help code quality :(

    --
    Mladen Gogala
    http://www.mgogala.com

    Niall Litchfield
    Oracle DBA

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedAug 16, '05 at 9:09p
activeAug 17, '05 at 3:31a
websiteoracle.com

2 users in discussion

Mladen Gogala: 1 post Niall Litchfield: 1 post