Is there a Linux command to find out number of processors or speed? I have Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3.

Muqthar Ahmed
Database Administrator

* * * * * * * *

The information contained in this E-mail message is privileged, confidential, and may be protected from disclosure; please be aware that any other use, printing, copying, disclosure or dissemination
of this communication may be subject to legal restriction or sanction. If you think that you have received this E-mail message in error, please reply to the sender and delete it from your computer. T
hank you.

Search Discussions

  • Vitalis Jerome at Aug 16, 2005 at 9:17 am
    Hello

    cat /proc/cpuinfo should do the trick
    (I've only tested it on Fedora)

    Jerome

    * * * * * * * * *

    The information contained in this E-mail message is privileged,
    confidential, and may be protected from disclosure; please be aware that any
    other use, printing, copying, disclosure or dissemination
    of this communication may be subject to legal restriction or sanction. If
    you think that you have received this E-mail message in error, please reply
    to the sender and delete it from your computer. T
    hank you.
  • Mkb at Aug 16, 2005 at 9:17 am
    Muqthar Ahmed

    Is there a Linux command to find out number of
    processors or speed? I have Red Hat Enterprise
    Linux AS release 3.

    Muqthar Ahmed
    Database Administrator
    ---------8<------------

    dmesg | grep CPU
    or
    cat /proc/cpuinfo

    --
    mohammed

    http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

  • Muqthar Ahmed at Aug 16, 2005 at 9:28 am
    Thanks to all, cat /proc/cpuinfo worked.

    Muqthar

[...]

  • Reidy, Ron at Aug 16, 2005 at 9:43 am
    cat /etc/cpuinfo

    Ron Reidy
    Lead DBA
    Array BioPharma, Inc.

    Is there a Linux command to find out number of processors or speed? I have Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3.

    Muqthar Ahmed
    Database Administrator

    * * * * * * * *

    The information contained in this E-mail message is privileged, confidential, and may be protected from disclosure; please be aware that any other use, printing, copying, disclosure or dissemination
    of this communication may be subject to legal restriction or sanction. If you think that you have received this E-mail message in error, please reply to the sender and delete it from your computer. T
    hank you.

    sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by

  • Marquez, Chris at Aug 16, 2005 at 11:33 am
    Be careful...with Intel HYPER THREADING two physical CPU is reported and
    seen as four physical CPU.

    Chris Marquez
    Oracle DBA

    Is there a Linux command to find out number of processors or speed? I
    have Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3.

    Muqthar Ahmed
    Database Administrator
    ---------8<------------

    dmesg | grep CPU
    or
    cat /proc/cpuinfo

    --
    mohammed

    http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

  • Nuno Souto at Aug 17, 2005 at 2:00 am

    Be careful...with Intel HYPER THREADING two physical CPU is reported and
    seen as four physical CPU.
    When you do cat /proc/cpuinfo, check out the flags field.
    If it has the string "ht" in it, it's a hyper thread chip.

    --
    Cheers
    Nuno Souto