Hi!
I have seen db-links been used in views, triggers etc.
This results in very bad performance.
Is there an good reference to read about, when and when not to use db-links?

Best regards (-:
Bjørn

Search Discussions

  • Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco at Aug 1, 2005 at 8:10 am
    Hi
    If you don't use correctly this have a very bad performance.
    you have to see the execution play to verify you are receiving through
    the dblink only the information you need.
    you have the driving site hint to help on that.

    Now if this is too complex you can evaluate the positibility to create
    a function table to return only what you need.

    Previously on this list, this topic had been touched more deeply.
    I have seen db-links been used in views, triggers etc.
    This results in very bad performance.
    Is there an good reference to read about, when and when not to use db-links?

    Best regards (-:
    Bjørn

    Oracle Certified Profesional 9i 10g
    Orace Certified Professional Developer 6i

    8 years of experience in Oracle 7,8i,9i,10g and developer 6i

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedJul 29, '05 at 2:00p
activeAug 1, '05 at 8:10a