Is there anyway to specify the import of objects other than tables? For
example, I want import a select number of procedures, views and sequences
from a single schema, but I do not need the entire schema.

Thanks for your help,
Chris

Search Discussions

  • Mladen Gogala at Jul 14, 2005 at 1:58 pm

    Judd, Chris wrote:
    Is there anyway to specify the import of objects other than tables? For
    example, I want import a select number of procedures, views and sequences
    from a single schema, but I do not need the entire schema.

    Thanks for your help,
    Chris
    Chris, the best way is to export with rows=no argument and then process
    the export file with
    DDL wizard (http://www.ddlwizard.com/). The DDL Wizard is a freeware
    utility which extracts
    DDL commands from export file and puts them into a single file.

    --
    Mladen Gogala
    Oracle DBA

  • Allen, Brandon at Jul 14, 2005 at 1:58 pm
    I haven't tested this, but you could try exporting with rows=n and then importing that - it will still create the tables if they don't already exist, but won't load any data (set ignore=y if tables already exist). Or maybe run imp with show=y, then just get all the CREATE VIEW, CREATE PROCEDURE, etc. statements and run them as a SQL script.

    Regards,
    Brandon

    Is there anyway to specify the import of objects other than tables? For
    example, I want import a select number of procedures, views and sequences
    from a single schema, but I do not need the entire schema.

    Thanks for your help,
    Chris

  • Paul Baumgartel at Jul 14, 2005 at 1:59 pm
    With Oracle10g Data Pump export/import you can do this, but not with
    the old exp / imp utilities.
    Is there anyway to specify the import of objects other than tables? For
    example, I want import a select number of procedures, views and sequences
    from a single schema, but I do not need the entire schema.

    Thanks for your help,
    Chris
    Paul Baumgartel
    paul.baumgartel_at_aya.yale.edu