Hi list members,

we have some people in our departments, which do some user
administration. The employees of this department work with oracle
applications. Ths support people in the department want to know, which
access a user has to what tables, indexes etc.
Which role or system-rights do I have to grant to the support people in
the department. With DBA rights they get the right information. I tried
the roles SELECT_ANY_CATALOG and EXECUTE_ANY_CATALOG and the
SELECT_ANY_DICTIONARY right, but none of them worked.

Any ideas, which right I have to grant?

Best regards,
Michael Fleck=20

Landschaftsverband Rheinland
LVR InfoKom
Leiter Produktion
Tel: 0221/809/2826
email: michael.fleck_at_lvr.de=20

Search Discussions

  • Peter Alteheld at Apr 29, 2005 at 8:12 am
    Hi Michael,

    Did you try SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE?
    HTH, Peter

    Michael.Fleck_at_lvr.de wrote:
    Hi list members,

    we have some people in our departments, which do some user
    administration. The employees of this department work with oracle
    applications. Ths support people in the department want to know, which
    access a user has to what tables, indexes etc.
    Which role or system-rights do I have to grant to the support people in
    the department. With DBA rights they get the right information. I tried
    the roles SELECT_ANY_CATALOG and EXECUTE_ANY_CATALOG and the
    SELECT_ANY_DICTIONARY right, but none of them worked.

    Any ideas, which right I have to grant?

    Best regards,
    Michael Fleck=20

    Landschaftsverband Rheinland
    LVR InfoKom
    Leiter Produktion
    Tel: 0221/809/2826
    email: michael.fleck_at_lvr.de=20

    Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 250MB kostenlosem Speicher

  • Ian Cary (C) at Apr 29, 2005 at 8:56 am
    I'm not entirely sure I understood the question right but I think you are a=
    fter select on DBA_TAB_PRIVS and also DBA_ROLE_PRIVS (in case the privilege=
    has been granted through a role.

    Hopefully something like

    (as sys)

    grant select on DBA_TAB_PRIVS to
    grant select on DBA_ROLE_PRIVS to =20

    (as the admin user where &1 is the user whose permissions you want to chec=
    k)

    select owner,

    table_name,
    privilege

    from dba_tab_privs
    where grantee =3D '&1'
    or grantee in (select granted_role from dba_role_privs where grantee =
    =3D '&1')
    order by 1,2,3

    will give you what you want

    Cheers,

    Ian

    This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may =
    contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error,=
    please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, d=

    istributed or disclosed to any other person.

    Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the wri=
    ter and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any =
    contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the ri=

    ght to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

    Thank you for your cooperation.

    Ordnance Survey
    Romsey Road
    Southampton SO16 4GU
    Tel: 023 8079 2000
    http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk
  • Vitalis Jerome at Apr 29, 2005 at 9:03 am

    we have some people in our departments, which do some user
    administration. The employees of this department work with oracle
    applications. Ths support people in the department want to know, which
    access a user has to what tables, indexes etc.
    Which role or system-rights do I have to grant to the support people in
    the department. With DBA rights they get the right information. I tried
    the roles SELECT_ANY_CATALOG and EXECUTE_ANY_CATALOG and the
    SELECT_ANY_DICTIONARY right, but none of them worked.
    =20
    Any ideas, which right I have to grant?
    =20
    Best regards,
    Michael Fleck=3D20
    Hi Michael,

    Which queries do the support guys exactly use for this purpose? They
    can't only query dba_catalog since this won't tell them which objects
    a user can access. They must be using some queries against
    DBA_TAB_PRIVS and the like.
    If you can get their queries, it might be easier to find the right
    sufficient role or privileges.

    Regards,
    Jerome
  • Jeffrey Beckstrom at Apr 29, 2005 at 9:52 am
    If by Oracle Applications you mean Apps 11i, then security is handled
    within the product itself.

    Jeffrey Beckstrom
    Database Administrator
    Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
    1240 W. 6th Street
    Cleveland, Ohio 44113
    Vitalis Jerome 4/29/05 8:59:06 AM >>>
[...]

grouporacle-l @