Folks,
I'm working on an effort to see what it takes to do a silent Install of a
patchset... I have two different examples where I'm looking to do this:

Fresh install with the 9201 base(solaris) and then apply the 9205 or
9206 patchset
Existing database(9i) and apply the 9206 patchset

Now, I know I should RTFM. But while I'm R'ingTFM; I thought that I would
throw this out there to see if anyone has had any experience with this.....

Thanks in advance!

Greg Loughmiller

Search Discussions

  • Kirtikumar Deshpande at Apr 21, 2005 at 6:59 pm
    Greg,
    Last summer I spent a lot of time getting the silent install to work for installing base
    release of 9i and then patching it to 9.2.0.4.

    If you would like, I can share those scripts/process with you. This was for AIX
    platform, but those response files should work on Sun as well. There are some issues with
    the supplied response files, I was told by Oracle Support. I created my own response file
    by recording 9i base install and the 9204 patch.

    Cheers!

    Kirti

    "Loughmiller, Greg" wrote:
    Folks,
    I'm working on an effort to see what it takes to do a silent Install of a
    patchset... I have two different examples where I'm looking to do this:

    1. Fresh install with the 9201 base(solaris) and then apply the 9205 or
    9206 patchset
    2. Existing database(9i) and apply the 9206 patchset