greetings,

we would like to implement RAC but have an issue with one
application that is not RAC certified. can we have RAC and
non-RAC databases on the same servers? we are currently
running HP ServiceGuard for failover.

my opinion is that we can, out of separate oracle homes (one
RAC enabled and one not). we would also need to take the RAC
enabled databases out of the cluster package so that only the
non-RAC databases would failover using the cluster.

does anyone see any issues with this approach? any that i
maybe overlooking?

thanks in advance,
haroon

Search Discussions

  • David Sharples at Apr 18, 2005 at 3:42 pm

    does anyone see any issues with this approach? any that i
    maybe overlooking?
    yes you can
  • Alex Gorbachev at Apr 18, 2005 at 5:52 pm
    We are running RAC and non-RAC databases from the same Oracle home. We
    are on HP ServiceGuard as well.
    You can also have separate oracle homes relinked with/without RAC option.

    2005/4/18, Haroon A. Qureshi :
    greetings,
    =20
    we would like to implement RAC but have an issue with one
    application that is not RAC certified. can we have RAC and
    non-RAC databases on the same servers? we are currently
    running HP ServiceGuard for failover.
    =20
    my opinion is that we can, out of separate oracle homes (one
    RAC enabled and one not). we would also need to take the RAC
    enabled databases out of the cluster package so that only the
    non-RAC databases would failover using the cluster.
    =20
    does anyone see any issues with this approach? any that i
    maybe overlooking?
    =20
    thanks in advance,
    haroon