I was wondering if anyone has had this issue forced
upon them.

An Oracle 9206 instance running on Solaris 8 accessing
sql server 2000 tables (between 5-15).

What's the best way to accomplish this? I know of
Oracle's Heterogeneous services but that requires ODBC
and I'm not aware of any Solaris ODBC drivers. Has
anyone used any third party ODBC drivers for Solaris
(pros/cons/how weel did they work)?

Is there any other method to accomplish this?

I'm considering installing a small oracle instance
(with heterogeneous services) on the sqlserver machine
to act as a pass through to the sql server tables.

All thoughts any opinions welcomed.

Thanks - Mike

Do you Yahoo!?

Search Discussions

  • Goulet, Dick at Apr 18, 2005 at 10:23 am
    Get a copy of Oracle's transparent gateway, otherwise known as
    Enterprise Integration Gateways.

    I was wondering if anyone has had this issue forced
    upon them.=20

    An Oracle 9206 instance running on Solaris 8 accessing
    sql server 2000 tables (between 5-15).=20

    What's the best way to accomplish this? I know of
    Oracle's Heterogeneous services but that requires ODBC
    and I'm not aware of any Solaris ODBC drivers. Has
    anyone used any third party ODBC drivers for Solaris
    (pros/cons/how weel did they work)?=20

    Is there any other method to accomplish this?=20

    I'm considering installing a small oracle instance
    (with heterogeneous services) on the sqlserver machine
    to act as a pass through to the sql server tables.

    All thoughts any opinions welcomed.

    Thanks - Mike

    =09

    =09

    Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.=20
    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

  • Leslie Tierstein at Apr 18, 2005 at 11:06 am
    A few years ago, I used an ODBC driver from DataDirect on multiple UNIX
    platforms. At the time, it may have been OEM'ed through Merant, but I
    don't know if that relationship is still in effect. Performance was
    fine (for an ETL application working on megabytes, not gigabytes, of
    data) and installation was uneventful. =20

    Leslie
    =20

    I was wondering if anyone has had this issue forced upon them.=20

    An Oracle 9206 instance running on Solaris 8 accessing sql server 2000
    tables (between 5-15).=20

    What's the best way to accomplish this? I know of Oracle's Heterogeneous
    services but that requires ODBC and I'm not aware of any Solaris ODBC
    drivers. Has anyone used any third party ODBC drivers for Solaris
    (pros/cons/how weel did they work)?=20

    Is there any other method to accomplish this?=20

    I'm considering installing a small oracle instance (with heterogeneous
    services) on the sqlserver machine to act as a pass through to the sql
    server tables.

    All thoughts any opinions welcomed.

    Thanks - Mike

    =09

    =09

    Do you Yahoo!?=20
    Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.=20
    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedApr 18, '05 at 10:13a