Hello,

After a fresh install of 10.1.0.4 (on Win2K here) I created a simple
database using dbca.

What I find strange is that, although everything else is looking fine, a
login to the database takes approx 20 to 30 secs.

And it's not just sqlplus also exp/imp/dbconsole show the same login time.

I logged a tar for this and expect some input from Oracle but wanted to know
if it is common and not something special to my env.

I haven't had a change to use other servers yet.

Regards,

Andre van Winssen

Search Discussions

  • Chunyu hu at Apr 16, 2005 at 2:48 am
    Hi,

    Do you login to the database server from the same host or other client
    host? You can check the logs or traces of Oracle SQL*NET.
    And furthermoe, if you are running UNIX, you can use some trace tool,
    such as truss on Solaris, strace on Linux, to check what sqlplus is
    doing for the login. I guess there are some similar tools on Windows
    platform? Maybe you can search them and just try them.

    Thanks

    Chunyu Hu
    Welcome to visit my weblog http://mtsmart.kmip.net
    After a fresh install of 10.1.0.4 (on Win2K here) I created a simple
    database using dbca.
    =20
[...]
  • Niall Litchfield at Apr 16, 2005 at 8:56 am
    Have a look and see if sqlnet.authentication_services is set to nts at both
    ends.
    Niall
    What I find strange is that, although everything else is looking fine, a
    login to the database takes approx 20 to 30 secs.

    And it's not just sqlplus also exp/imp/dbconsole show the same login time.

    I logged a tar for this and expect some input from Oracle but wanted to
    know
    if it is common and not something special to my env.

    I haven't had a change to use other servers yet.

    Regards,

    Andre van Winssen

    Niall Litchfield
    Oracle DBA

  • Andre van Winssen at Apr 16, 2005 at 10:16 am
    Niall, you are right, that's certainly related to my little problem
    After an installation sqlnet.ora has sqlnet.authentication_services =(NTS)
    When I changed this logging goes much faster.
    In my case I logged on locally after having set ORACLE_SID=XYZ

    I'll update my iTar :-)

    Can't remember this long login time being the case in versions < 10.1

    Kind regards,
    Andre
    Have a look and see if sqlnet.authentication_services is set to nts at
    both ends.

    Niall

    After a fresh install of 10.1.0.4 (on Win2K here) I created a simple
    database using dbca.

    What I find strange is that, although everything else is looking fine, a
    login to the database takes approx 20 to 30 secs.

    And it's not just sqlplus also exp/imp/dbconsole show the same login
    time.

    I logged a tar for this and expect some input from Oracle but wanted to
    know

    if it is common and not something special to my env.

    I haven't had a change to use other servers yet.

    Regards,

    Andre van Winssen

    Niall Litchfield
    Oracle DBA