I have a new server that I have just laid a fresh install of oracle on
before migrating the database. Unfortunatly i installed using
OraHome92 vs OraHome9i which was used on the existing box. Is there a
way to rename the home i created to match that which is existing on
the current prodution box. more than likely i will uninstall and
reinstall, but would like to know for future reference.

grazie

--
Bryan S Wells - DBA Newbie
bunjibry_at_gmail.com

  • Denys VAN KEMPEN at Mar 18, 2005 at 4:02 am
    Bryan,

    Although you might succeed in doing so, this is not recommended.

    The OH name will be stored not only in the registry under
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle and
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services for the listener,
    agent, and others; it will be stored as well in the OUI configuration files
    (c:\program files\oracle) which you'll need to patch or install additional
    components and which are a lot harder to edit (binary). You'll probably end
    up with an erratic functioning installation that is non-patchable and
    non-updateable.

    Denys

    I have a new server that I have just laid a fresh install of oracle on
    before migrating the database. Unfortunatly i installed using
    OraHome92 vs OraHome9i which was used on the existing box. Is there a
    way to rename the home i created to match that which is existing on
    the current prodution box. more than likely i will uninstall and
    reinstall, but would like to know for future reference.

    grazie

    --
    Bryan S Wells - DBA Newbie
    bunjibry_at_gmail.com

    CARTESIS http://www.cartesis.com
    Great performances start with confidence (TM)

    material from any computer.

    Vous recevez ce message car vous avez communique votre adresse email au
    moins une fois a Cartesis. Conformement a l'article 34 de la loi
    Informatique et Libertes du 6 janvier 1978, vous disposez d'un droit
    d'opposition, d'acces et de rectification des donnees vous concernant
    soit par courrier a l'adresse: Cartesis - Legal Department, 23-25 rue
    de Berri, 75008 Paris soit par email: legal_at_cartesis.com.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedMar 17, '05 at 11:36p
activeMar 18, '05 at 4:02a
websiteoracle.com

2 users in discussion

Denys VAN KEMPEN: 1 post Bryan Wells: 1 post