Hey all,

I've got Oracle Ultra Search manually installed and running on a =
10.1.0.3 DB on Solaris 9. My plan was to make a few cosmetic changes to =
the "usearch.jsp" example and it's corresponding help files and let 'er =
fly. The crawling was simple enough and it's been chugging along now =
for weeks without fail. However, not being a OC4J/J2EE guy, I didn't =
realize what exactly modifying the JSP code would entail.

With a little help from a consultant co-worker, I figured out that I =
needed to unjar the "ultrasearch_query.ear" file, and then the =
"query.war" file that was just exploded. So I wrote a little script to =
copy the ear file from production and fully unjar it, as well as another =
to jar it all back up and copy the ear file back to production. This =
seems to work OK for changes within an existing JSP.

My problem is that whenever any files change names, or I remove files -- =
even "standalone" HTML files -- I get this nasty error when I copy the =
ear file back and bounce the server (using "searchctl" -- I know that =
the server reloads the app, but I get a different error if the server =
isn't bounced):

oracle.ultrasearch.query.SearchException: WKG17005: connection failure: =
User credentials doesn't match the existing ones

at oracle.ultrasearch.query.Instance.connect(Instance.java:380)
at oracle.ultrasearch.query.Instance.getMetaData(Instance.java:429)
at _r2search._jspService(_r2search.java:270)
at =
com.orionserver.http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(OrionHttpJspPage.java:56)
at =

com.evermind.server.http.ResourceFilterChain.doFilter(ResourceFilterChain=
.java:65)

at oracle.security.jazn.oc4j.JAZNFilter$1.run(Unknown Source)
at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:500)
at oracle.security.jazn.oc4j.JAZNFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
at =

com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.invoke(ServletRequestDi=
spatcher.java:604)

at =
com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forwardInternal(Servlet=
RequestDispatcher.java:317)

at =
com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.processRequest(HttpRequestHan=
dler.java:790)

at =
com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.run(HttpRequestHandler.java:2=
70)

at =
com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.run(HttpRequestHandler.java:1=
12)

at =
com.evermind.util.ReleasableResourcePooledExecutor$MyWorker.run(Releasabl=
eResourcePooledExecutor.java:186)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

"r2search.jsp" is my modified copy of "usearch.jsp". What I've done in =
the past is to wipe out the persistence cache and bounce the server, but =
even that doesn't work any more. MetaLink has nothing on this =
particular WKG17005 error, and the four links from Google appear to be =
mostly the error message listed in the Java class. I think it has =
something to do with JAZN, but I'm having a very difficult time =
deciphering this stuff.

How can I fix this error?

Should I be using something other than a standard text editor to =
modify this stuff? If so, what?

Any O'Reilly books dealing with this? (Safari rocks!)

Thanks from a painfully neophyte OC4Jer,
Rich

Rich Jesse System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_quadtechworld.com QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedFeb 24, '05 at 3:43p
activeFeb 24, '05 at 3:43p