A stupid question for Jared (or whoever;-)...

I'm starting to play around with Perl DBI/DBD, and I was wondering how
to set the value for V$SESSION.PROGRAM. Basically, I'd like it to
show something like "MyStupidApp" instead of "perl.exe". Metalink has
a document (147413.1) describing how to do this for Java apps, so I'm
assuming that it's possible under Perl as well. I've done a fair
amount of googling with no joy, however. :(

I realize that I can manipulate the MODULE and ACTION columns via
DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO, and I'll use that as a fallback if necessary,
but I'd greatly prefer to manipulate PROGRAM in this case.

Thanx!

Search Discussions

  • Reidy, Ron at Jan 20, 2005 at 11:30 am
    perldoc DBD::Oracle

    Search for ora_module_name

    Ron Reidy
    Lead DBA
    Array BioPharma, Inc.

    A stupid question for Jared (or whoever;-)...

    I'm starting to play around with Perl DBI/DBD, and I was wondering how
    to set the value for V$SESSION.PROGRAM. Basically, I'd like it to
    show something like "MyStupidApp" instead of "perl.exe". Metalink has
    a document (147413.1) describing how to do this for Java apps, so I'm
    assuming that it's possible under Perl as well. I've done a fair
    amount of googling with no joy, however. :(

    I realize that I can manipulate the MODULE and ACTION columns via
    DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO, and I'll use that as a fallback if necessary,
    but I'd greatly prefer to manipulate PROGRAM in this case.

    Thanx!

    This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which =
    contains
    information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is =
    intended=20
    to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are =
    not the=20
    intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, =
    distribution=20
    or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify =
    the
    sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us =
    by

  • Greg Norris at Jan 20, 2005 at 12:26 pm
    Thanx, but that sets the MODULE value (via DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO)... I
    want to set PROGRAM.

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:21:37 -0700, Reidy, Ron