We are using reports server and discoverer components of oracle 9ias for
reporting.

We are having two major problems.

The DAT file which stores all the report entries are getting corrupted
and server does not come up and we loose all the reports when we create the
new dat file to bring up the server.

Product : Oracle Reports Developer
Product Version : 9.0.2.2.0
Platform : HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit)

2. Preference server crashes and we apply workaround to bring it up again.

Product : Oracle Discoverer
Product Version : 9.0.2.54.10
Platform : HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit)

Thanks,
Manoj Kumar
Email: manoj.g.kumar_at_verizon.com

Search Discussions

  • Desert_moon_at_online.ie at Jan 12, 2005 at 3:15 pm
    Manoj,

    We are using 10gAS ( 9.0.4 ) Reports server with no major issues.It has small
    foot print as its standalone reports server.For discoverer U need to have the
    core AS 9.0.4
    If U are referrencing cgicmd.dat for reports server...have U set
    KEYMAPFILE=cgicmd.dat in your ORACLE_IASHOME/reports/conf/rwservlet.properties

    U might also set RELOAD_KEYMAP=YES for not having to bounce your reports sever
    everytime u update cgicmd.dat file

    HTHI

    Ankur Shah
    Oracle DBA
    DHR-GA

    Quoting manoj.g.kumar_at_verizon.com:

    Hi,

    We are using reports server and discoverer components of oracle 9ias for
    reporting.

    We are having two major problems.

    1. The DAT file which stores all the report entries are getting corrupted
    and server does not come up and we loose all the reports when we create the
    new dat file to bring up the server.

    Product : Oracle Reports Developer
    Product Version : 9.0.2.2.0
    Platform : HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit)

    2. Preference server crashes and we apply workaround to bring it up again.

    Product : Oracle Discoverer
    Product Version : 9.0.2.54.10
    Platform : HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit)

    Thanks,
    Manoj Kumar
    Email: manoj.g.kumar_at_verizon.com

  • Manoj.g.kumar_at_verizon.com at Jan 12, 2005 at 3:26 pm
    Ankur,

    I am referring to the .dat file in ORACLE_IASHOME/reports/server
    directory.
    Did you use the previous version before using 10gAS.

    Thanks,
    Manoj

    desert_moon_at_onlin
    e.ie To: Manoj G. Kumar/EMPL/MD/Verizon_at_VZNotes
    cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
    01/12/2005 04:13 Subject: Re: Oracle 9ias issues
[...]

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedJan 12, '05 at 2:51p
activeJan 12, '05 at 3:26p