From: M.Godlewski
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 10:21 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: OT: Perl script question

Newbie Perl dba!

There is a perl program left by a previous employee which I'm trying to
understand. Below are some pieces of the program. Basically it throws up a
screen and asks for selected records 1-5. If 2 is picked it runs the
following code. I'm trying to figure out how to pull all records back
instead of just a $user_list entered. Can I use a special character for the
$user_list to pull all records back that are of user_rec_type=2?

If I need to post the whole program let me know.

  • Jared Still at Dec 14, 2004 at 12:12 pm
    No, this is actually a script for ClearQuest, and engineering tool
    from Rational.

    The Perl used is one provided by CQ, as this is their own interface.

    There is documentation for this, it will be installed when you install
    the tool IIRC.

    Jared

    On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:46:59 -0500, Gogala, Mladen
    Hi there! Your former colleague was obviously a perl guru,
    who wrote a perl module. He masked DBI with his own stuff.
    Can you post everything that starts with "use" or "require"?
    What you call "the whole program" might be just the tip of an iceberg.
    --
    Mladen Gogala
    Ext. 121
    There is a perl program left by a previous employee which I'm trying to
    understand. Below are some pieces of the program. Basically it throws up a
    screen and asks for selected records 1-5. If 2 is picked it runs the
    following code. I'm trying to figure out how to pull all records back
    instead of just a $user_list entered. Can I use a special character for the
    $user_list to pull all records back that are of user_rec_type=2?

    If I need to post the whole program let me know.

    Jared Still
  • M.Godlewski at Dec 14, 2004 at 12:25 pm
    We do have Rational installed in one of our databases. I'll look for the documentation.

    Thanks