smd

http://triquetra.homelinux.org

Search Discussions

  • Bobak, Mark at Dec 7, 2004 at 8:06 am
    Scott,

    I ran into a LARGE brick wall, when trying to set sga_max_size,
    (which implicitly enables DISM), but I was on Solaris 8. Don't
    even think about it on Solaris 8. On solaris 9, if you're on a=20
    suitably recent version (I *think* it's April 2004 or later),
    then you should be fine. Solaris 8 and early versions of=20
    Solaris 9 are *bad news*, but recent Solaris 9 is ok.

    -Mark
    -----Original Message-----
    From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
    On Behalf Of Scott Dial
    Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 8:52 PM
    To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
    Subject: DISM & Oracle 9i
    =20
    Fellow DBA's,
    =20
    I'm considering implementing the 9i feature: Dynamic SGA. I=20
    know some unix admins are a little hesitant of implementing=20
    DISM in Solaris 9. Anyone have any success stories or failures?
    =20
    Thanks
    =20
    - smd
    ------------------------------
    http://triquetra.homelinux.org
    ------------------------------
    =20
  • Bobak, Mark at Dec 7, 2004 at 8:29 am
    Here's the URL to the SunSolve article, which was originally provided to
    me by Sten Rognes.

    http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=3D1-9-72952-1

    -Mark

    I previously said:=20
    Scott,
    =20
    I ran into a LARGE brick wall, when trying to set sga_max_size,
    (which implicitly enables DISM), but I was on Solaris 8. Don't
    even think about it on Solaris 8. On solaris 9, if you're on a=20
    suitably recent version (I *think* it's April 2004 or later),
    then you should be fine. Solaris 8 and early versions of=20
    Solaris 9 are *bad news*, but recent Solaris 9 is ok.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedDec 6, '04 at 7:59p
activeDec 7, '04 at 8:29a