(*choke*).

Pd

Search Discussions

  • Jesse, Rich at Nov 24, 2004 at 10:41 am
    Great. Can we have ONE release where CS= works?

    Rich

    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 10:20 AM
    To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
    Subject: 10.1.0.3: cursor_sharing = SIMILAR and ora-7445s

    10.1.0.3 / win32 (w2k svr sp4)
    just a heads up - we're hit issues with cursor_sharing = SIMILAR in in
    ternal testing of 10g.

    involving database links (where cursor_sharing = EXACT has to be used)
    involving somewhat complex queries using GROUPING

    setting cursor_sharing=EXACT relieved the symptoms.
    going to try cursor_sharing_exact hint.
    we're still not ready for cursor_sharing=EXACT in production if we
    want less than a 42% miss rate in the library cache sql area
    (*choke*).

    Pd

  • Martic Zoran at Nov 24, 2004 at 11:11 am
    Paul,

    I suppose in the case 1. and 2. you mentioned you have
    SQL's running much much longer then you need for the
    parsing.

    Why are you bother what is the library cache hit rate?

    I have that hit even worse, but do not care about 0.01
    second of parsing time while SQL's are running more
    then 10 seconds.

    What is the parse CPU time/CPU used time by session
    ratio?

    What are you trying to fix? Which performance problem?

    Regards,
    Zoran

    Paul Drake wrote:
    10.1.0.3 / win32 (w2k svr sp4)
    just a heads up - we're hit issues with
    cursor_sharing = SIMILAR in in
    ternal testing of 10g.

    1. involving database links (where cursor_sharing =
    EXACT has to be used)
    2. involving somewhat complex queries using GROUPING