It was my understanding that the segment sys.aud$ would be created in
the sysaux tablespace in 10g.
I guess I assumed too much.

10.1.0.3 Std Ed lin32
RHEL 3.0 ES Update 2 (current)

sys.aud$ is still in the system tablespace, not in sysaux.
checked metalink.
used a search engine.
found no docs covering the SUPPORTED altering of this.

Does anyone know if it is supported by Oracle to move this table from
the System tablespace into the sysaux tablespace?

Paul

Search Discussions

  • Biti_rainy at Nov 18, 2004 at 10:34 pm
    hi,Paul Drake

    i think you can .
    from oracle 8i, i had move the aud$ and the indexes to others tablespace, had no problem.
    many sys segments can not be move,i think the reason is during DB startup oracle will *read* the segment header in the fixed datafile block. i had some test on it and trace the startup,bootstrap$ is the first eggs, then system rollback segment,CLUSTER C_OBJ#,INDEX I_OBJ#, table tab$....etc . It is interesting .

    Best regards

    msn: biti_rainy_at_hotmail.com
    a dba from alibaba(china)

    from the mail-----
    It was my understanding that the segment sys.aud$ would be created in
    the sysaux tablespace in 10g.
    I guess I assumed too much.

    10.1.0.3 Std Ed lin32
    RHEL 3.0 ES Update 2 (current)

    sys.aud$ is still in the system tablespace, not in sysaux.
    checked metalink.
    used a search engine.
    found no docs covering the SUPPORTED altering of this.

    Does anyone know if it is supported by Oracle to move this table from
    the System tablespace into the sysaux tablespace?

    Paul

    .
    ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
  • Connor McDonald at Nov 19, 2004 at 2:03 am
    Most Oracle upgrades are mandated by conditions of "fixed time to upgrade independent of database
    size". Oracle doesn't know if you've got 100's of gig's of audit data so it would not be prudent
    to move it as part of the upgrade process, so it has to stay where it is (wherever that may be).

    However, I agree that it should be supported to relocate to SYSAUX once a db is installed.
    Interestingly, one of the Metalink notes about pre-reqs for upgrade to 10 is to ensure AUD$ is in
    SYSTEM if auditing is enabled during the process.

    hth
    connor

    Paul Drake wrote:
    It was my understanding that the segment sys.aud$ would be created in
    the sysaux tablespace in 10g.
    I guess I assumed too much.

    10.1.0.3 Std Ed lin32
    RHEL 3.0 ES Update 2 (current)

    sys.aud$ is still in the system tablespace, not in sysaux.
    checked metalink.
    used a search engine.
    found no docs covering the SUPPORTED altering of this.

    Does anyone know if it is supported by Oracle to move this table from
    the System tablespace into the sysaux tablespace?

    Paul
    Connor McDonald
    Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"
    ISBN: 1590592174

    web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
    web: http://www.oaktable.net
    email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

    Coming Soon! "Oracle Insight - Tales of the OakTable"

    "GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish, and...he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

    Get Yahoo! Mail www.yahoo.co.uk/10k

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedNov 18, '04 at 4:55p