password to shutdown/startup Oracle Database on Windows.

Thanks in advance!

Search Discussions

  • Yechiel Adar at Sep 27, 2004 at 11:52 am
    What oracle version?
    What operating system?

    Yechiel Adar
    Mehish
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Aggarwal, Meenakshi"
    Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 5:59 PM
    Subject: Connect without password
    Hi,

    What all options I have to connect to Oracle Database without giving the
    password. What all should I be taking care of if I don't want to give the
    password to shutdown/startup Oracle Database on Windows.

    Thanks in advance!

  • Ganesh Raja at Sep 27, 2004 at 3:44 pm
    U can us the ORA_DBA Groups to do this ...

    When a user Belong to the ORA_DBA Group in Windows he can connect / as sysdba

    HTH

    Cheers
    Ganesh R

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:59:25 -0400, Aggarwal, Meenakshi

    What all options I have to connect to Oracle Database without giving the
    password. What all should I be taking care of if I don't want to give the
    password to shutdown/startup Oracle Database on Windows.

    Thanks in advance!

  • Aggarwal, Meenakshi at Sep 28, 2004 at 9:58 am
    Hi,

    What all options I have to connect to Oracle Database without giving the
    password. What all should I be taking care of if I don't want to give the
    password to shutdown/startup Oracle Database on Windows.

    Thanks in advance!
  • Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco at Sep 28, 2004 at 10:10 am
    You could create a batch file in your os, with execution privileges only,
    but not read privileges.

    Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
    OCP

    What all options I have to connect to Oracle Database without giving the
    password. What all should I be taking care of if I don't want to give the
    password to shutdown/startup Oracle Database on Windows.

    Thanks in advance!

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedSep 27, '04 at 10:56a