Hello,

Our management is making some plans on upgrading the current (several) Orac=
le8i databases [we got 1 year extended support already]. I
searched metalink for a desupport date for 9i, could find only the 9.0.1 de=
support date? I guess, the 9iR2 desupport date has not been
announced yet... any one has any information (or want to take a guess) when=
that date would be? Any information is appreciated...

PS: Thank you Jared for all the time and effort you put in maintaining peac=
e and dignity to this list...

Thanks,
Biju Thomas
Database Administrator
*817-347-2064
*BThomas_at_BR-Inc.Com

___________________________________________________________________________=
__________________________________

This electronic transmission and any attached files are intended solely for=
the person or entity to which they are addressed and may contain informati=
on that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.=
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use, including taking a=
ny action concerning this information by anyone other than the named recipi=

ent, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or have =
received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender =
and destroy this communication.

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

  • Pete Sharman at Aug 31, 2004 at 11:10 am
    IIRC, it's in the same note as 10g desupport because it's more than 14(?) m=
    onths out - the current planned date is 5/31/2007.

    =

    Pete
    =

    Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook
    =

    "Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!"
    Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA

    Our management is making some plans on upgrading the current (several) Orac=
    =3D
[...]

  • Paul Drake at Aug 31, 2004 at 1:58 pm

    Thomas Biju wrote:

    Hello,

    Our management is making some plans on upgrading the
    current (several) Oracle8i databases
    [we got 1 year extended support
    already]. I searched metalink for a desupport
    date for 9i, could find only the 9.0.1
    desupport date? I guess, the 9iR2 desupport
    date has not been announced yet...
    any one has any information (or
    want to take a guess) when
    that date would be? Any information is
    appreciated...

    Thanks,
    Biju Thomas
    Biju,

    31-DEC-2005 is what I last saw as far as end of error
    correction support. Seeing that Oracle has typically
    extended end of terminal release support in the past,
    I wouldn't bet say more than one tasty beverage on it.

    exact date may depend upon the OS that you are
    running.

    Pd

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.