Is there anyway to estimate how much redo a single dml statement generates? is there a view I can look at to tell me this?

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

Search Discussions

  • SJHussain_at_alfransi.com.sa at Aug 24, 2004 at 8:45 am
    I think you can

    set autot trace

    it will give you the statistics of the statement.

    select value from
    v$sysstat where name
    like '%redo size%';

    executy statement
    and check the statement again.

    read oracle metalink note : 1037780.6

    Best Regards,

    Syed Jaffar Hussain

    Visit us on www.alfransi.com.sa
    ====== Banque Saudi Fransi - Privacy Notice ======
    This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
    addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
    use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended
    recipient is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please
    contact the sender and delete the material from your computer. Any
    opinions and other information contained in this message that do not
    relate to the official business of Banque Saudi Fransi shall be
    understood as neither given or endorsed by it. Although precautions
    have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this email, BSF
    cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the
    use of this email or attachments.