From: Pete Sharman
Date: Friday, August 20, 2004 12:23 pm
Subject: RE: AWR snapshots are not taken automatically
What's STATISTICS_LEVEL set to? IIRC, setting that to basic
disables a lot=
of the auto management stuff in 10g.

=

Pete

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

  • Pete Sharman at Aug 20, 2004 at 1:25 pm
    Shouldn't need to. I just checked and TYPICAL is the recommended value. Y=
    ou should only need to change it to ALL to collect lots more detailed infor=
    mation than what you need here.

    The default AWR snapshot runs every 30 minutes. I'm assuming you've waited=
    longer than that, so is there any chance that job has been disabled for so=
    me reason?

    =

    Pete
    =

    Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook
    =

    "Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!"
    Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA

    Do i have to change this parameter to kick off the auto management stuff?

    Jay
    What's STATISTICS_LEVEL set to? IIRC, setting that to basic =
    disables a lot=3D