Guys,

redolog errors appeared in alert.log and lgwr trace with "STALE" but =
"CURRENT" redo log group. I did an alter system switch logfile which =
switch to a different online log and since there is a checkpoint then =
maybe things aren't so bad.

However, there is a dbwr trace with the following:

KCF: write/open error block=3D0x7d94 online=3D1

file=3D14 /u04/CSTAT/cstat_bidx01.dbf
error=3D27063 txt: 'SVR4 Error: 5: I/O error

Additional information: -1
Additional information: 4096'
Automatic datafile offline due to write error on
file 14: /u04/CSTAT/cstat_bidx01.dbf

Looks like a datafile (ndx) went offline due to I/O error. However, is =
this a corruption error or something else? Also, what is the quickest =
way to check the status on my other files - it has been a long time.

Thanks,
Paula

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

Search Discussions

  • Martin Brown at Jul 27, 2004 at 3:04 pm
    Scan the alert log to make sure there are no other errors like this. You
    should also do:
    select status, name from v$datafile;

    See if you can find out what other files on on this spindle. It may take
    some help from your S/A.
    I think this may be hardware failure, but not sure. The S/A can look at log
    files and stuff to check for hits.

    I would look at moving everything off of that mount piont if that's the
    case. Your file looks like an index dbf? If it is, it's not so bad. You can
    rebuild all of the indexes for that tablespace.
    Subject: RE: datafile corruption??
    Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:52:47 -0400

    Guys,

    redolog errors appeared in alert.log and lgwr trace with "STALE" but =
    "CURRENT" redo log group. I did an alter system switch logfile which =
    switch to a different online log and since there is a checkpoint then =
    maybe things aren't so bad.

    However, there is a dbwr trace with the following:

    KCF: write/open error block=3D0x7d94 online=3D1
    file=3D14 /u04/CSTAT/cstat_bidx01.dbf
    error=3D27063 txt: 'SVR4 Error: 5: I/O error
    Additional information: -1
    Additional information: 4096'
    Automatic datafile offline due to write error on
    file 14: /u04/CSTAT/cstat_bidx01.dbf

    Looks like a datafile (ndx) went offline due to I/O error. However, is =
    this a corruption error or something else? Also, what is the quickest =
    way to check the status on my other files - it has been a long time.

    Thanks,
    Paula
  • Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us at Jul 27, 2004 at 6:25 pm
    So - my boys are at a babysitters. I am restoring/recoverying a =
    database that I have little info. about due to earlier alert messages =
    regarding corrupted datafiles. Controller was replaced - can't reach =
    sysadmin. The backups seem to be hanging. DBV on some files seems to =
    be hanging.

    However, the database opened nicely. No errors. =20

    Help!

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
  • M.Godlewski at Jul 27, 2004 at 8:03 pm
    Get a backup of the opened/recovered database first.
    Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us wrote:So - my boys are at a babysitters. I am restoring/recoverying a =
    database that I have little info. about due to earlier alert messages =
    regarding corrupted datafiles. Controller was replaced - can't reach =
    sysadmin. The backups seem to be hanging. DBV on some files seems to =
    be hanging.

    However, the database opened nicely. No errors. =20

    Help!

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
  • Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us at Jul 27, 2004 at 8:07 pm
    I got a backup of the opened database. RMAN did not produce an error
    this time. =20

    Get a backup of the opened/recovered database first.
    Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us wrote:So - my boys are at a babysitters. I
    am restoring/recoverying a =3D
    database that I have little info. about due to earlier alert messages =
    =3D
    regarding corrupted datafiles. Controller was replaced - can't reach =3D
    sysadmin. The backups seem to be hanging. DBV on some files seems to =3D
    be hanging.

    However, the database opened nicely. No errors. =3D20

    Help!

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

    BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS