Hi.

I wonder if anyone has experiences on running Oracle 10g on FreeBSD using
Linux emulation and Linux 10g port.

I have been using FreeBSD for years and I am not sure if I have to switch
to Linux to run Oracle database. I wonder if FreeBSD translaction of
system call to native BSD table will reduce overall database performance.
I want to know if there are sucessful stories about Oracle on FreeBSD and
it is a solid combination for high demand servers.

I found a couple of "howtos" but they reffer to Oracle 7.x and they dont
offer complete information.

best regards,

---
Fabio Andres Miranda