Hi.

I wonder what is the most standar IDE for enviroments running oracle
database. I want to buy an IDE from oracle store. I saw in oracle magazine
many pl/sql editors ads but I need an interface that allows me to create
object code that connects to oracle database and performs queries, show
them in a grid and so on; database connectivity from a client application.

best regards,

---
Fabio Andres Miranda
Ingenieria de sistemas informaticos
Universidad Latina - Costa Rica

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

  • Bobak, Mark at Jun 21, 2004 at 12:27 pm
    Toad is worth a look. http://www.quest.com/

    Mark J. Bobak
    Oracle DBA
    ProQuest Company
    Ann Arbor, MI
    "Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc"

    I wonder what is the most standar IDE for enviroments running oracle
    database. I want to buy an IDE from oracle store. I saw in oracle
    magazine
    many pl/sql editors ads but I need an interface that allows me to create
    object code that connects to oracle database and performs queries, show
    them in a grid and so on; database connectivity from a client
    application.

    best regards,

    ---
    Fabio Andres Miranda
    Ingenieria de sistemas informaticos
    Universidad Latina - Costa Rica

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
  • Tracy Rahmlow at Jun 21, 2004 at 12:50 pm
    Hi Fabio,
    I don't think you will find a standard IDE. I think you need to identify
    your requirements and list which products best meet them. (Don't limit
    yourself to Oracle store) Take a look at PL/SQL Developer at
    http://www.allroundautomations.com/. Great functionality for the $$$.

    "Fabio Miranda Hamburger"
    06/21/2004 11:57 AM
    Please respond to oracle-l

    I wonder what is the most standar IDE for enviroments running oracle
    database. I want to buy an IDE from oracle store. I saw in oracle magazine
    many pl/sql editors ads but I need an interface that allows me to create
    object code that connects to oracle database and performs queries, show
    them in a grid and so on; database connectivity from a client
    application..

    best regards,

    ---
    Fabio Andres Miranda
    Ingenieria de sistemas informaticos
    Universidad Latina - Costa Rica

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

    American Express made the following
    annotations on 06/21/2004 10:53:02 AM

    "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
  • Rob zijlstra at Jun 21, 2004 at 1:40 pm
    For what it's worth: we worked in a professional environment with Toad Free.
    No problems, worked fine.
    Look at : http://www.toadsoft.com/lic_agree.html

    (And just as the name says: cost zero money)

    Rob Zijlstra

    I wonder what is the most standar IDE for enviroments running oracle
    database. I want to buy an IDE from oracle store. I saw in oracle magazine
    many pl/sql editors ads but I need an interface that allows me to create
    object code that connects to oracle database and performs queries, show
    them in a grid and so on; database connectivity from a client application.

    best regards,

    ---
    Fabio Andres Miranda
    Ingenieria de sistemas informaticos
    Universidad Latina - Costa Rica

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
  • Mercadante, Thomas F at Jun 21, 2004 at 1:47 pm
    For the life of me, I can't understand why Oracle does not market a tool to
    do all of this. They seem to produce a basic tool (OEM) for looking and
    managing the database, but a generic tool like TOAD or PLSQL Developer they
    are lacking. Nothing for PL/SQL development (at least that is worth-while).
    Just amazes me.

    Tom Mercadante
    Oracle Certified Professional

    I wonder what is the most standar IDE for enviroments running oracle
    database. I want to buy an IDE from oracle store. I saw in oracle magazine
    many pl/sql editors ads but I need an interface that allows me to create
    object code that connects to oracle database and performs queries, show them
    in a grid and so on; database connectivity from a client application.

    best regards,

    ---
    Fabio Andres Miranda
    Ingenieria de sistemas informaticos
    Universidad Latina - Costa Rica

    To unsubscribe send email to: oracle-l-request_at_freelists.org put
    'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
  • Raj Jamadagni at Jun 22, 2004 at 10:35 am
    Tom,

    Oracle Forms developers doubles as an IDE, JDeveloper is even better IDE.

    Raj
    --- "Mercadante, Thomas F" wrote:
    For the life of me, I can't understand why Oracle does not market a tool to
    do all of this. They seem to produce a basic tool (OEM) for looking and
    managing the database, but a generic tool like TOAD or PLSQL Developer they
    are lacking. Nothing for PL/SQL development (at least that is worth-while).
    Just amazes me.
    Best Regards
    Raj

    select mandatory_disclaimer from company_requirements;

    Do you Yahoo!?
    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

  • Nelson, Allan at Jun 21, 2004 at 1:51 pm
    They do. Their Java tool has all the PL/SQL stuff in it now along with
    a no cost debuffer which you don't get with Toad.

    Allan

    =46rom: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
    On Behalf Of Mercadante, Thomas F

    I wonder what is the most standar IDE for enviroments running oracle
    database. I want to buy an IDE from oracle store. I saw in oracle
    magazine
    many pl/sql editors ads but I need an interface that allows me to create
    object code that connects to oracle database and performs queries, show
    them
    in a grid and so on; database connectivity from a client application.

    best regards,

    ---
    =46abio Andres Miranda
    Ingenieria de sistemas informaticos
    Universidad Latina - Costa Rica

    This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Copying, forwarding or distributing this message by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. This email may have been monitored for policy compliance. [021216]

  • Mercadante, Thomas F at Jun 21, 2004 at 1:55 pm
    Thanks Allan. I'll check into it.

    Tom Mercadante
    Oracle Certified Professional

    I wonder what is the most standar IDE for enviroments running oracle
    database. I want to buy an IDE from oracle store. I saw in oracle magazine
    many pl/sql editors ads but I need an interface that allows me to create
    object code that connects to oracle database and performs queries, show them
    in a grid and so on; database connectivity from a client application.

    best regards,

    ---
    =46abio Andres Miranda
    Ingenieria de sistemas informaticos
    Universidad Latina - Costa Rica

    __
    This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
    addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
    Copying, forwarding or distributing this message by persons or entities
    other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this email in
    error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from
    any computer. This email may have been monitored for policy compliance.
    [021216]

  • Nuno Souto at Jun 22, 2004 at 5:04 am

    I wonder what is the most standar IDE for enviroments running oracle
    database.
    There is no such animal as the most standard IDE.
    You use whatever you fancy.
    many pl/sql editors ads but I need an interface that allows me to create
    object code that connects to oracle database and performs queries, show
    them in a grid and so on; database connectivity from a client application.
    In a word: JDeveloper.
    A free download from Oracle.

    Or Toad, if you prefer two-tier tools.

    --
    Cheers
    Nuno Souto

    enough said :)

    joe
    Fabio Miranda Hamburger apparently said,on my timestamp of 22/06/2004
    2:57 AM:
    I wonder what is the most standar IDE for enviroments running oracle
    database.
    There is no such animal as the most standard IDE.
    You use whatever you fancy.
    many pl/sql editors ads but I need an interface that allows me to
    create object code that connects to oracle database and performs
    queries, show them in a grid and so on; database connectivity from a
    client application.

    In a word: JDeveloper.
    A free download from Oracle.

    Or Toad, if you prefer two-tier tools.

    --
    Cheers
    Nuno Souto
    in sunny Sydney, Australia
    dbvision_at_optusnet.com.au
  • Bill thater at Jun 22, 2004 at 8:21 am