Using Oracle 9.2.0.5.

Doing interactive export, i.e. letting myself get prompted for
parameters. I get a message about exporting questionable statistics. I
presume this is due to the following message:
Export done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character
set
server uses WE8ISO8859P1 character set (possible charset conversion)

How can I get rid of the "export terminated with warning" message?

If on the command line I add statistions=none, then I don't get
prompted for the export parameters at all so that doesn't help.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

Search Discussions

  • Freeman, Donald at Jun 1, 2004 at 9:34 am
    You can set the language you want to export in. We are using export scripts and insert the following as the first line:

    SET NLS_LANG=American_america.US7ASCII

    You won't get the warnings if you export in a compatible language.

    Doing interactive export, i.e. letting myself get prompted for parameters. I get a message about exporting questionable statistics. I presume this is due to the following message:
    Export done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set
    server uses WE8ISO8859P1 character set (possible charset conversion)

    How can I get rid of the "export terminated with warning" message?

    If on the command line I add statistions=none, then I don't get prompted for the export parameters at all so that doesn't help.

    Jeffrey Beckstrom
    Database Administrator
    Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
    1240 W. 6th Street
    Cleveland, Ohio 44113

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

  • Vergara, Michael (TEM) at Jun 1, 2004 at 9:46 am
    Jeffrey:

    The statistics warning has nothing to do with the database/client
    character set. It's telling you that the statistics you are
    exporting may not be correct when you import.

    You have two choices. You can not export the statistics or
    not import the statistics. The only way to not export statistics
    is with the statistics=none parameter, and if you use ANY
    command-line parameters then exp does not prompt, so you must
    either use a parameter file of place all the information on the
    command line.

    Or you can import with statistics=none and the statistics in the
    DMP file will be ignored.

    Cheers,
    Mike

    Doing interactive export, i.e. letting myself get prompted for parameters. I get a message about exporting questionable statistics. I presume this is due to the following message:
    Export done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set
    server uses WE8ISO8859P1 character set (possible charset conversion)

    How can I get rid of the "export terminated with warning" message?

    If on the command line I add statistions=none, then I don't get prompted for the export parameters at all so that doesn't help.

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

  • Jeffrey Beckstrom at Jun 1, 2004 at 9:47 am
    thanks
    dofreeman_at_state.pa.us 6/1/04 10:36:48 AM >>>