Von: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
Im Auftrag von Jamadagni, Rajendra
Gesendet: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 5:26 PM
An: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Betreff: Wrong results using decode when db upgraded to 9205

I upgraded a dev db from 9202 to 9205 and one query with a DECODE
statement is giving wrong results. The whole query is big, but decode
statement looks like ...=20
"and decode('C8','C8',237,0) =3D 237" If the same statement is =
re-written
using case it works fine. I am searching on metablink but wanted to
check here first. This same query with same decode statement works fine
on 9202 database.=20
Any hearsay? Known issues? Experiences?
Thanks
Raj

--------=20
Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com=20
All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal.=20
select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements;=20
QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

  • Stefan Jahnke at May 5, 2004 at 10:53 am
    Hi again

    Sorry, haven't looked into it. Since we already changed everything to =
    CASE on 9.2.0.4.0. The reason wasn't a bug but to be coherent with the =
    usage of DECODE / CASE. We agreed upon ANSI style stuff (INNER JOIN, =
    CASE blahblah) since 2 developers have a SQL Server background and seem =
    to comprehend that faster (no pun intended, they're great).

    Stefan

    -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----