We are converting from dedicated to shared servers for some of our connections.

With dedicated servers, we often used orakill to terminate the thread instead of kill session. Kill session would sometimes not get rid of the connection particularly if the user had turned off the PC, etc. With shared server, if do an orakill on the thread, you would be terminating numerous connections. SO how do you get rid of a mts session?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

Search Discussions

  • Paul Drake at Mar 4, 2004 at 1:06 pm
    http://www.opensource.org/halloween/halloween10.html

    "There you have it. A hundred million funnelled from
    Microsoft to SCO, of which they have $68.5 million
    left. Their 10Qs reveal that every other line of cash
    inflow is statistical noise by comparison. The brave
    new SCOsource business model is now clear: sue your
    customers, shill for Microsoft, kite your stock, and
    pray you stay out of jail."

    I hope that the EU comes down so hard against
    Microsoft that they practically have to close up shop
    in Europe.

    If this is not anti-trust, restraint of trade, I don't
    know what is.

    Pd

    IANAL

    Help someone else learn to use Linux today.

    Do you Yahoo!?
    http://search.yahoo.com

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
  • Mladen Gogala at Mar 4, 2004 at 2:46 pm
    Why would that be "restraint of the trade"? MS is helping SCO because of the goodness of their heart.
    I know you, you would be nagging even if Mr. Gates decided to give me $100M instead of of giving them
    to poor Dael McBride. Besides, I've set up my machine as dual boot box and I don't want all that effort to
    be vasted. If anybody here wants to give me $100M, I will not object. Is Larry Ellison reading
    this list? Larry, I could use $100M.....
    "There you have it. A hundred million funnelled from
    Microsoft to SCO, of which they have $68.5 million
    left. Their 10Qs reveal that every other line of cash
    inflow is statistical noise by comparison. The brave
    new SCOsource business model is now clear: sue your
    customers, shill for Microsoft, kite your stock, and
    pray you stay out of jail."

    I hope that the EU comes down so hard against
    Microsoft that they practically have to close up shop
    in Europe.

    If this is not anti-trust, restraint of trade, I don't
    know what is.

    Pd

    IANAL
    Help someone else learn to use Linux today.

  • Niall Litchfield at Mar 5, 2004 at 3:28 am
    What mladen would do with 100M scares me...
[...]

    This email contains information intended for
    the addressee only. It may be confidential
    and may be the subject of legal and/or
    professional privilege. Any dissemination,
    distribution, copyright or use of this
    communication without prior permission of
    the sender is strictly prohibited.

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

  • Thater, William at Mar 5, 2004 at 8:01 am

    Niall Litchfield scribbled on the wall in glitter crayon:

    What mladen would do with 100M scares me...
    oh, where's your sense of adventure?;-)

    --
    Bill "Shrek" Thater ORACLE DBA
    "I'm going to work my ticket if I can..." -- Gilwell song