All,

Has anyone installed Oracle OID in the same Oracle Home as the database
software and gotten OMS to "discover" the databases on that machine? This
is just a guess, but I'm thinking that something is not quite right. We
can't get it to work properly.

I can manually created the databases within OEM and conect to them fine.
But Auto discovery doesn't work.

thanks

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

Search Discussions

  • M Rafiq at Feb 26, 2004 at 9:11 am
    Have you stopped the agent and started again after changing listner entries.
    Discover after restarting agent.

    Regards
    Rafiq

    Has anyone installed Oracle OID in the same Oracle Home as the database
    software and gotten OMS to "discover" the databases on that machine? This
    is just a guess, but I'm thinking that something is not quite right. We
    can't get it to work properly.

    I can manually created the databases within OEM and conect to them fine.
    But Auto discovery doesn't work.

    thanks

    Tom Mercadante
    Oracle Certified Professional

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

    Find and compare great deals on Broadband access at the MSN High-Speed

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
  • Mercadante, Thomas F at Feb 26, 2004 at 9:34 am
    Rafiq,

    Yeah. We've been bouncing the agent and listener regularly. Looks like
    it's going to be one of those obscure deals.