We have enabled monitoring for our indexes.

The result from V$Object_Usage shows that start_monitoring date is not null and end_monitoring date is null.
This means that monitoring has been started and has not yet been stopped.

However why does column monitoring show the value as NO ?
Does this mean that monitoring is not happening ?

ex :

TABLE_NAME INDEX_NAME MON USE START_MONITORING END_MONITORING
------------------ ------------------------- --- --- ------------------- -------------------

DOCMT_PCKG_ACTVTY DOCMT_PCKG_ACTVTY_ACTVTY_XFK NO NO 11/30/2003 17:56:57

thanks & regards
ratnesh

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

Search Discussions

  • Singh, Ratnesh (GEI, GEFA, Contractor) at Feb 25, 2004 at 6:54 pm
    We have enabled monitoring for our indexes.

    The result from V$Object_Usage shows that start_monitoring date is not null and end_monitoring date is null.
    This means that monitoring has been started and has not yet been stopped.

    However why does column monitoring show the value as NO ?
    Does this mean that monitoring is not happening ?

    ex :

    TABLE_NAME INDEX_NAME MON USE START_MONITORING END_MONITORING

    DOCMT_PCKG_ACTVTY DOCMT_PCKG_ACTVTY_ACTVTY_XFK NO NO 11/30/2003 17:56:57

    thanks & regards
    ratnesh

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

grouporacle-l @