What does this mean, RAC is extra with enterpsie edition but is
included in standard?

Oracle Database Options

All the Oracle Database options can be purchased with Oracle Database
Enterprise Edition. Real Application Clusters is included with Oracle
Database Standard Edition. You cannot purchase any options with Oracle
Database Standard Edition One. The Personal Edition includes all options
except Real Application Clusters at no additional cost.

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

Search Discussions

  • Niall Litchfield at Feb 4, 2004 at 1:55 pm
    However std edition is limited to a max of 4 processors so it would appear =
    that you will be able to create a 2 machine cluster of dual proc machines (=
    or presumably a 4 machine cluster of single proc boxes).

    BTW and OT since I swapped from my pc at home winxp/outlookxp to this work=
    one winXP/outlookXP I am getting (and it looks like sending) a bunch more =
    of the emails with unintended characters. The difference might appear to be=

    exchange vs not exchange.=20

    Niall Litchfield
    Oracle DBA
    Audit Commission