Dear All

I have an web application program in java . The
database used is Oracle 9i, App Server : Apache, and
Tomcat.

Currently i am not able to login into this application
from internet. There is no error log generated by the
system. I have check the database and it's up. Tnping
seem ok . What else should i do ?

I am suspecting the connection might broken . How can
i query sql stametment to check if the connection is
still alive. The application use JDBC connection.

Pls help me, what other troubleshooting i should do ?

Thank in Advanced

JKean

Do you Yahoo!?
http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

  • Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) at Feb 3, 2004 at 3:08 am
    From the box that the App server is on, can you connect via SQLplus?
    ie is a connection from that server to the database ok?

    And from the Internet, can you connect to areas of the app server that =
    don't require login?
    ie - is the App server / Internet connection all working ok?
    Also, what OS(s) is involved?

    Bruce Reardon

    NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are private and confidential and =
    may contain legally privileged information. If you are not an =
    authorised recipient, the copying or distribution of this e-mail and any =
    attachments is prohibited and you must not read, print or act in =
    reliance on this e-mail or attachments. This notice should not be =
    removed.

    I have an web application program in java . The
    database used is Oracle 9i, App Server : Apache, and
    Tomcat.

    Currently i am not able to login into this application
    from internet. There is no error log generated by the
    system. I have check the database and it's up. Tnping
    seem ok . What else should i do ?

    I am suspecting the connection might broken . How can
    i query sql stametment to check if the connection is
    still alive. The application use JDBC connection.=20

    Pls help me, what other troubleshooting i should do ?

    Thank in Advanced

    JKean

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

  • Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) at Feb 3, 2004 at 9:04 pm
    Kean,
    Some more thoughts if not yet fixed:
    Are there any errors in the listener log?
    Any thing in alert log or udump dirs?
    Does the logon make it to the database but logon is failing?
    eg can you turn on auditing for successful and unsuccessful database =
    logins?
    What if you turn on SQL Net tracing on the middle tier and check the =
    sqlnet trace logs?

    If it's fixed, can you please let us know what the problem was?

    HTH,

    Bruce Reardon

    NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are private and confidential and =
    may contain legally privileged information. If you are not an =
    authorised recipient, the copying or distribution of this e-mail and any =
    attachments is prohibited and you must not read, print or act in =
    reliance on this e-mail or attachments. This notice should not be =
    removed.

    Yes i can sqlplus. The internet connection is fine, To
    access the application, i have to key in username and
    passwrd. There is no area to access the application
    without userlogin.=20

    THe OS is Linux AS.

    "Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)"
    wrote:
    From the box that the App server is on, can you
    connect via SQLplus?
    ie is a connection from that server to the database
    ok?
    =20
[...]
    ?
    =20
    Thank in Advanced
    =20
    JKean

    put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
  • Kean Jacinta at Feb 4, 2004 at 12:30 am
    Bruce,

    Thank for your reply. There is no error in the
    listener log file or any alert found in alert log.

    I still couldn't figure out what is wrong with the
    DBase. What i did was, i kill all the existing tomcat
    process and restart the tomcat again.

    This solved the problem fast. I couldn't affort to let
    this application gone done for an hour. Now i can
    login into the web application . I guess is the tomcat
    problem ? In the future this problem might just occur
    again becoz i didn't tackle the problem yet. By just
    killing and restarting the process will just be a
    temporary solution.

    JKean

    "Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)"
    wrote:
[...]

[...]