Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
INET: thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us

  • Brian.mcgraw_at_ipacc.com at Dec 30, 2003 at 6:59 pm
    I would opt to separate them.

    I ran into some problems with a Collaboration Suite install, where I wanted to use the OID database, to store my files data as well. It failed in a spectacular fashion. An Oracle support analyst said that was a bad idea. When I asked him if I could just create another instance with the same $ORACLE_HOME, he frowned on it, because the database version used by OID isn't really *that* supported by Oracle.

    I don't know what makes it so special, but I got the impression from him that it was a fragile database release, meant for use by Oracle only.

    My $.02 -

    Brian