Winterize your home with tips from MSN House & Home.

Author: M Rafiq
INET: rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com

  • Carel-Jan Engel at Dec 3, 2003 at 8:59 am

    Hi

    Has anybody experience with using unix scripts on Windows 2000 after
    installing MKS toolkit?
    Are those scripts run without major modification (after changing
    path/folder
    related info).

    My client wants to run their unix shell scripts on their Windows platform
    after installing MKS toolkit version 8.6.

    Regards
    Rafiq
    Hi,

    Last week I installed my dataguard scripts with a customer using MKS. I
    developed them on Linux and Solaris. No serious problems, except with
    dynamic generation of pathnames from database views (replace '\' by '/')
    and some colon-related problems when using rcp/scp (e.g.
    rcp ${SHOST}:D:\ORACLE\ORADATA\SID\SYSTEM01.ORA \
    ${DHOST}:D:\ORACLE\ORADATA\SID\SYSTEM01.ORA )

    doesn't work. replace D: by D= (and replace backslashes, of course), and
    all's fine.

    I got ssh to work, although setting passwordless authentication didn't
    work. Because the customer has a closed environment, rsh/rcp was
    sufficient. Be aware that NTFS is needed to set protection for .rhosts and
    rsa/dsa private key files.

    Success, Carel-Jan

    There will allways be another last 10 bugs --
    Author: Carel-Jan Engel
    INET: cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl

  • M Rafiq at Dec 3, 2003 at 10:09 pm
    Carel,

    Thank you very much for your response and advise. I have started testing
    with little problem so far...

    Regards
    Rafiq

    To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L