Patrice.
Author: Boivin, Patrice J
INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

  • Karniotis, Stephen at Oct 30, 2003 at 5:29 pm
    Does not really fit into their open source initiative. Anytime we mention
    Tomcat as a supported product for our tools, Oracle's prod. Management team
    cringes. They are not seeing between the lines that the app server has more
    stuff than most organizations desire; tomcat solves most requirements.
    However, for complete scalability, Oracle does win over Tomcat.

    Yet, the OpenSource community is adding features to Tomcat for that purpose.
    For product vendors, Tomcat is great because the cost for licensing is a big
    Goose Egg.

    Thank You

    Stephen P. Karniotis
    Technical Alliance Manager