I've been trying to get Linux+apache+php+oracle working here with no
success, so I've to ask for some help.

Versions:
RedHat 9.0
PHP 4.3.4RC1

Oracle Enterprise Server 9.2.x
Oracle client 8.1.7

The machine has to run RedHat, and newest version would be good.
Oracle9.x doesn't seem to be certified for RedHat9 but I've found guides
on how to get it running and it works. PHP is compiled with --with-oci8
against the Oracle9.x server, the compilation works but PHP does not.
I've set env values in httpd.conf together with the mod_env module
without any success, probably because there are no oracle 9 support.
I've read that you can use the Oracle 8.x client against a 9.x database
and compile PHP against that client instead, but the installation just
hangs with a gray window and 100% CPU usage. I've read that it could
help to change window manager to fvwm but no success.

Any help to either get PHP using Oracle9 or installing Oracle8 on
RedHat9 would be appreciated.
It would be good if any answers where cced/sent directly to my e-mail
address.
Author: Johan Kruger-Haglert
INET: aliquis_at_link-net.org

  • Mladen Gogala at Oct 22, 2003 at 3:24 pm
    So, what is the problem? There is detailed documentation about
    how to set up PHP with oracle on Linux. One of the sites that I'd
    check would definitely be
    http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache2.php

    What doesn't work? Apache? PHP? Oracle? What happens when you try
    phpinfo? Did you check your Apache log files?

    Author: Johan Kruger-Haglert
    INET: aliquis_at_link-net.org

    Mladen Gogala
    Oracle DBA

    Note:
    This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Wang Trading LLC and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.
    Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

    Author: Mladen Gogala
    INET: mladen_at_wangtrading.com

  • Arup Nanda at Oct 22, 2003 at 3:54 pm
    Johan,

    Perhaps Sean Hull's article on Oracle Technology Network will help. Awesome
    article!

    http://otn.oracle.com/oramag/webcolumns/2003/techarticles/hull_php.html

    Hope this helps.

    Arup Nanda