Patrice.
Author: Boivin, Patrice J
INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

  • Joe Testa at Oct 9, 2003 at 1:29 pm
    Patrice, where did you find that, i'm not having much luck under
    desupport notices.

    joe

    Boivin, Patrice J wrote:
    FYI...
    Oracle extended the desupport date for 8i by a year, end of error correction
    support is now 31-dec-2004.

    They posted that end of ECS for 9i Rel 2 will be 31-dec-2005, I am doubtful
    about that, only 1 year lag time between two terminal releases?

    Patrice.
    Author: Joe Testa
    INET: oracle-l_at_oracle-dba.com

  • Joe Testa at Oct 9, 2003 at 1:29 pm
    never mind found it, doooohhhh

    Author: Joe Testa
    INET: oracle-l_at_oracle-dba.com

  • DENNIS WILLIAMS at Oct 9, 2003 at 2:04 pm
    Patrice

    Oracle's goal is to create a major release every 18 months, and someone
    figured out they historically have been pretty much on track. So then
    desupport intervals should theoretically be about 18 months apart. My guess
    is that 8i is very popular among large clients so its desupport is being
    delayed due to popular demand. Of course, 10g is just around the corner, so
    out with the old, in with the new.

    Dennis Williams
    DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA

    Lifetouch, Inc.
    dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

    Author: Boivin, Patrice J
    INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

    Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
    INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

  • Nigel Bishop at Oct 9, 2003 at 2:24 pm
    Joe,

    Look at Doc IDs 250629.1 & 148054.1 - the extension is for some platforms only

    Regards

    Author: Joe Testa
    INET: oracle-l_at_oracle-dba.com

    Author: Nigel Bishop
    INET: Nigel.Bishop_at_ioko.com

  • Boivin, Patrice J at Oct 9, 2003 at 2:29 pm
    My Headlines screen, KnowledgeBase section, top two items (I got two copies
    because I have two CSIs ? not sure).

    Or, note 148054.1

    Patrice

    Author: Joe Testa