Hi List,

I have been asked to look into the possibility of populating a BLOB column
(Oracle 8i currently) using an SQL Script. All the examples I've ever seen
involve reading the blob from a file and inserting it directly to the table
though.

The reasoning behind this is the desire to deliver a single script which
loads perhaps 50 images into a table. Performance isn't a problem, neither
is the size of the script.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? It is safe to assume the data
already exists in a table if that helps to create the script. I was
thinking perhaps a "rawtohex" type function may convert the binary data
into something that can exist within a script. Am I on the right track?

Regards,

Mark.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<---->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message.
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message
(or responsible for delivery of the message to such person),
you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.
In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender
by reply e-mail or by telephone on (61 3) 9612-6999.
Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to
Internet e-mail for messages of this kind.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message
that do not relate to the official business of
Transurban City Link Ltd
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message.
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.
In such a case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail or by telephone on (03) 9612-6999 or (61) 3 9612-6999.
Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet e-mail for messages of this kind.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Transurban Infrastructure Developments Limited and CityLink Melbourne Limited shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by them.

Author: Mark Richard
INET: mrichard_at_transurban.com.au