dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

  • Jared Still at Aug 22, 2003 at 4:19 pm

    Of course, the Sun engineer is saying "our new RAID 5 is just as fast as
    RAID 10 because we stripe parity across all disks".
    Uh huh. Does he think this is new?

    RAID 3 is the version that has a dedicated parity disk IIRC.

    RAID 5 has always striped the parity across all disks.

    Jared