There seems to be a problem with consistent shutdowns in 9i

Oracle 9i 64bit

9.0.1.3.0 - infrastructure database that comes with the application server
9.2.0.1.0 - that is the version of RDBMS we are running.

Does anyone have problems shutting down their databases consistently with
9i?????

INET: Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us

  • Josh Collier at Aug 20, 2003 at 4:49 pm
    What exactly "goes wrong"?

    Author: Josh Collier
    INET: Josh.Collier_at_Banfield.net

  • Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us at Aug 20, 2003 at 4:49 pm
    BTW, nothing happening in terms of processes that would hang-up the system.
    Also, I have check alert and trace files and there are no obvious errors.

    There seems to be a problem with consistent shutdowns in 9i

    Oracle 9i 64bit

    9.0.1.3.0 - infrastructure database that comes with the application server
    9.2.0.1.0 - that is the version of RDBMS we are running.

    Does anyone have problems shutting down their databases consistently with
    9i?????

    INET: Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us

  • DENNIS WILLIAMS at Aug 20, 2003 at 4:59 pm
    Paula - Haven't noticed an issue. What command are you using to shut down?
    SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE? Are you receiving an error message? Anything in
    alert_log? Which Oracle version are you on? Most of my databases are
    9.2.0.1.

    Dennis Williams
    DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA

    Lifetouch, Inc.
    dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

    Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
    INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

  • April Wells at Aug 20, 2003 at 4:59 pm
    We do, Paula... both in 9.0.1.3 and 9.2.0.2 we have trouble getting them to
    shutdown elegantly... and they sometimes crash

    April Wells
    Oracle DBA/Oracle Apps DBA
    Corporate Systems
    Amarillo Texas

    Few people really enjoy the simple pleasure of flying a kite
    Adam Wells age 11