One of our client is using 8.1.7 database server. We have install 9.2 client version on one of application server to connect to database.
Do the client have to buy oracle 9i client(or they need to buy complete 9i server edition) and does anyone know how much it cost for 1 license of oracle 9i client?

Thanks
--Harvinder
Author: Harvinder Singh
INET: Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com

  • DENNIS WILLIAMS at Aug 11, 2003 at 8:04 pm
    Harvinder - I've never seen a price attached to the client.

    Dennis Williams
    DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA

    Lifetouch, Inc.
    dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

    Author: Harvinder Singh
    INET: Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com

    Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
    INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

  • Rick_Cale_at_teamhealth.com at Aug 11, 2003 at 9:29 pm
    Harvinder,

    You should call you Oracle sales rep. All pricing is negotiable depending
    on whether it is end-of-quarter, how close mars is in alignment with
    earth,etc.
    Also, always try to negotiate education credits,etc. I have found
    end-of-quarter is best, they all like that trip to Hawaii...seen it too
    many times.

    Rick

    DENNIS WILLIAMS

    UCH.COM> cc: