Any help (except: change the datatype;-)) is appreciated.

Greetings,

Search Discussions

  • Arup Nanda at Jul 16, 2003 at 1:59 pm
    Try using sql*loader. Put the input data string in a single file as the
    input file.

    Original Message -----
    From: "Guido Konsolke"
    To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L"
    Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 9:54 AM
    Subject: Insert > 8000 Byte into LONG column
    Hi dear list members,

    we run a database 8.1.6.2
    I've run into a problem. I've got a table that
    contains a LONG column (I know, I know).
    I have to insert a string into it that has a length > 8500 Byte.
    Whenever I issue the insert statement SQL/PLUS throws
    the error 'ORA-01704: string literal too long'.

    Does anyone have an idea how I can get the data
    into the table?

    Any help (except: change the datatype;-)) is appreciated.

    Greetings,
    Guido

    Author: Guido Konsolke
    INET: Guido.Konsolke_at_tkserv-triaton.thyssenkrupp.com

  • Mercadante, Thomas F at Jul 16, 2003 at 2:37 pm
    Guido,

    Can you use utl_file for this within a PL/SQL block?????

    Tom Mercadante
    Oracle Certified Professional

    Author: Guido Konsolke
    INET: Guido.Konsolke_at_tkserv-triaton.thyssenkrupp.com