Hi there everyone,

I have read the documentation and I am missing something, I am stuck on two points:

(1) How do I recover from a RMAN backup to disk if I have lost all the original database files (control files, data files and redo logs)

(2) How do I change the location for RMAN to check for the backup up file i.e. Backup file was on E: but now in F:, when I enter restore it only checks the original location.

Specifications:

Oracle          8.1.7.4.10

Windows 2000    SP4

I know that in the backup part I can use the FORMAT string to specify the filename and location.

Cheers

Tim Clarkson

Search Discussions

  • Bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in at Jun 30, 2003 at 10:25 pm
    Hi Timothy, I am guessing about the following answers, and I work on
    9.2.0.1.0 but anyway here goes :

    (1) How do I recover from a RMAN backup to disk if I have lost all the
    original database files (control files, data files and redo logs)

    In nomount
    First run SET DBID
    SET UNTIL SEQUENCE THREAD 1;
    Then RESTORE CONTROLFILE ... FROM 'media_handle' or TAG;
    mount database;
    restore database;
    recover database;
    open resetlogs database;

    Don't know the answer to the second question, let me know if you find
    out

    Author: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]