jay

Author: Jay Wade
INET: fish_dba_at_hotmail.com

  • DENNIS WILLIAMS at Jun 2, 2003 at 10:09 pm
    Jay - Personally I did the Tuning exam next after B&R and saved the Network
    for last because most of it is new to me. The B&R and Tuning exams share
    quite a bit of material in terms of they both require a clear understanding
    of the Oracle architecture, how the rollback, redo, SGA, etc. all interact.
    Obviously the thrust of the questions are different, with the B&R
    emphasizing integrity and Tuning emphasizing performance. Networking doesn't
    share anything with the other modules other than it touches on MTS. So I
    would vote to go ahead and hit the Tuning next.

    Dennis Williams
    DBA

    Lifetouch, Inc.
    dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com