However, I was able to independently through odbctest and tnsping confirm
that the odbc driver working and the alias working through Oracle's Net8. I
also noticed with the odbctest that the user had a very small and limited
amount of tables to view from all_tables. Could that be the reason that we
are getting this error from Access?

Thanks,
Paula

INET: Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us

  • Pardee, Roy E at May 29, 2003 at 6:55 pm
    Need more info:

    What are you doing when the error occurs? If it's vb code, can you post it?
    Can you connect from the erroring machine via sql*plus?
    Can you link a table via the odbc connection & open it interactively?
    Does it make a difference if you define a new odbc data source & link
    through that?
    Is the error consistent accross client pcs?
    Which odbc driver are you using--oracle's or ms'?

    Cheers,

    -Roy

    Roy Pardee
    Programmer/Analyst/DBA